Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Not much new here. Still like my job though! And I got a new office that's bigger, and has a view of the CN Tower peeking out from behind another building. Since we're on the 15th floor, it's pretty windy, so when it snows it looks like a regular blizzard out there. Kinda cool! The commute is getting long. I miss the Chicago trains that are mostly above ground until you get downtown. You get a good sense of the neighborhoods you are passing through. But it's probably less hassle for everyone else if the train is underground! Here the subway only peeks out twice briefly, before diving back underground. Probably a good thing cause it makes me read. People regularly eat and drink (coffee, usually) on the subway here.

AAhh who knew I would end up living in Canada? Sometimes I still find it hard to believe. Like every time I type "fiber" into my notes at work and the computer corrects me because it's really spelled "fibre". What?!?!?! And "centre" and "colour". Gah. I also really miss Reggaeton, the Puerto Rican music so popular in Chicago.

1 comment:

Leza said...

Yea, it's amazing where we end up, isn't it?! I miss Chicago, too--we all do. NJ, too, but not as much, weirdly.

Have you taken any pics of your view from your office?

Dialog--yea, our British friends when growing up told us to get our belongings from the "boot" of the car, and we were like, "Huh???" (Trunk)

Also, in France, my girlfriend told me that there was a bathroom around the corner of a public building. I kept going round and round the building, but only saw a door marked WC. "It's written in your own language! WC--Water Closet!" I looked at her, really confused, then burst out in laughter. English, yes, but it's *British*, not American! LOL I *really* had to go after that laugh!!!

--Ummmm, you prob had to be there for that one! LOL!