Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm 30!

It hasn't hit me yet. I don't have time to be hit. I go to work, come home, find food, go to bed, get up and go back to work. The last two weekends Pete and I have been out of town.

On my birthday, Pete took me to a lovely restaurant called Michael's on the Thames, in London Ontario. The atmosphere was relaxed, unhurried and cozy, and I got serenaded with an accordion, no less! The food was spectacular. They make certain dishes right in front of you. Like Caesar salad, and peach flambe, complete with big flames and all. It was awesome...

Now to get myself organized again. Eating healthy is a huge challenge when working full time! I wonder why it is so hard to follow my own nutrition advice. If only my clients knew how much better than me they are eating... well some of them anyway.

I must be off to bed. I have never felt the beginnings of a sore throat whilst still recovering from a cold... winter is killing me. I need a break!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!! i meant to email and never did, sigh. hope you get a weekend at home soon! i know the working/eating healthy struggle, though i'm not battling it at the moment. 30 is good ... weird but good. and peach flambe? sounds wonderful about now!

Amy.E said...

Happy birthday! I'm looking forward to the same milestone later this year...strange and kind of exciting!

Erlandson Family said...

happy 30 years! :) 'bout our canadian immigrating and all that goes with... i moved to the greatest place on earth (besides the scenery that is) according to me... but i did move to the best little country town.. it (and the surrounding areas) are made up of 90% christians.... i don't know how many or if there are any other places like this "haven" or "bubble" (as some like to call it) on earth.... anyway, because of this my experience is going to be a lot different than yours... anyway, hopefully the homesickness doesn't last too long...