Friday, November 30, 2007

Crabman

Well, we have officially named our cat- Crabman. (He has a mysterious past and he's friendly). Although he's kind of strange. During the day he naps for hours at a time, and comes out to eat. He's very skittish. Even the smallest movement will send him scampering under the bed. Sometimes he gets so scared that he actually does the running-in-place-thing for a few seconds before his paws get traction on the vinyl floor. At night, he's a different creature. Just as we're trying to go to sleep, he jumps up on the bed and decides it's time to fight with anything that moves, including the covers or any exposed limbs. If we ignore him, he breaks out his repertoire of different-sounding meows. This usually gets him kicked out of the room. Oh well. We love him anyway.

10 comments:

eraymond1 said...

cute

Leza said...

Crabman needs more cuddling and playtime during the day to learn when it is acceptable. It'll help him with getting his internal clock set, too!

Just wake *him* up when *he's* napping, and play, play, play, cuddle, cuddle, cuddle! :-) I'd make sure to do it before *your* bedtime, too, so he's tired enough to sleep when you do! :-)

We got Rocky when she was still tiny. She had been born in the wild, but thankfully was on a daytime schedule! :-) So was her mom, Is*a*belle.

My girlfriend's cat, Sunshine, was like Crabman. It's kind of cute, at first, then gets annoying as the nights turn into weeks... and months.

We don't want Crabman making crabs out of sleepless new kittyparents now, do we?!

Beth said...

Yes, I think I should try keeping him up more. But he's really not too bad, he calms down at night after about 5 minutes when we stop playing with him.

Leza said...

Ooooh-he's a keeper! :-)

Anonymous said...

Aww Crabman...! My friend has just named their kitten Crabman and I was interested to know if anyone else in the world had done the same. It's nice to know they have!

Here's the little Crabman:

http://photos-161.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v250/147/120/222700161/a222700161_2459712_4590.jpg

Leza said...

Anouke, your friend's Crabman is adorable! Just can't let my kids see it or they'll want another kitten/cat!!! ;-)

Angel Habibi said...

Thanks Leza! He is cute isn't he! He he yep I bet they will want another kitten, I know I want one!

Anonymous said...

oops - angel habibi is me... forgot I had that account!

Leza said...

LOL They have a way of worming their way into our lives, don't they?! :-D

Yes, I'd *love* another cat, too, but I'd also love to have another dog around the house, as well! I'm bad--I check out the local ASPCA *all* the time, so I'm tempted!!! But I click on the purple feed a pet thingie daily, too, so I don't feel *too* guilty! :-)

Hugs to your kitten!!! :-)

Leza said...

LOL!!! Yes, it gets confusing when you have two accounts!!! :-D