Thursday, December 6, 2007

My dietitian stuff finally came through! Praise the Lord, I won't have to do any extra continuing education to meet their requirements. And my former employers finally sent in the employment verification forms. So now I'm a member of Dietitians of Canada, and College of Dietitians of Ontario. !!!!!! My last obstacle is to pass the RD exam in May. And find a job.

I had a job interview on Tuesday with a health care provider downtown. It's only my second interview since moving to Canada. I think it went well, but it was only a preliminary interview, and if they are still interested, they'll call me back for another. If I get the job, I would be commuting by car and subway! ;) Once I get off the subway downtown, it's about four blocks to the building. Oh, and there's some pretty swell shopping down there too ;).

On the way home I met a girl who was a painter. She gave me a flier for an art show she had some pieces in. I love going to art shows. Let's see if I get out and see it.


Right now it's time for me to start studying. I have to re-learn all my lab values as they use SI units here vs mg/dL in the US. And I kind of have to pass the RD exam.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!! you didn't have to go to chicago and drag it from their iron clutches ... grin. happy studying ... been awhile since you had to, eh?

happy weekend, and a scratch behind the ears to your wee beastie.

Beth said...

my wee beastie thanks you.

Leza said...

Yeay!!! And yeay, an interview! And, yeay! Shopping centers!!! As much as I wanted to live way out in the country..., I think I would have gone *nuts* not having shopping nearby! Where we live, we have *plenty*! :-)

Best wishes on the test! Have fun converting and relearning stuff! :-)

Hugs to *both* of your boys! :-)

Oh! Hannah just wrote you back on her blog. She was *so* thrilled to hear from you, and she and William just saw Crabman and melted! :-)

Do you mind a plug, here? Didn't think so! (--Aren't I baaaad?!) Anyone interested can come visit Hannah's blog and sign in for her school project. There's a link to it from my blog. Thanks! :-)

Leza said...

Oooops! Hannah's Blog is "Sienna's Travels". :-}

christina said...

Hi my name is Christina, and we dont know each other, but I randomly came across this site and I am in the same boat as you. I am an RD here in Michigan relocating to the Tornoto area in the next couple months. I seem so confused and overwhelmed with what I should do first. Can you give my any suggestions? Feedback? PLEASE!!!! Thank You!

Beth said...

christina, email me at: beththonney@hotmail.com and maybe i can answer some of your questions.